Thursday, September 5, 2013

First! (in awhile)

I've been busy.  Hm, no, that's not right.  Apathetic.  No one reads this and I didn't feel like keeping up with this when I'm the only one that will ever see it.  I've played a few new games since last post, but nothing awesome enough that really impels me to write something.

I recently participated in a Corona Blitz where the task was to try to create a game in 4 hours.  My entry wasn't fancy but it was fun all the same.  Doing that inspired me to do some more experimentation. I dug up an old proof of concept I made last year and decided to push forward and make it into a game.  Perhaps I'll post some tidbits here as I make progress.

I've also embarked on learning JavaScript - not the "look at some tutorials, hack together code, and pretend I know JS" type of learning.  I got me a 3" thick book, blew through the courses on Code Academy, and I'm learning the nuts and bolts.  This endeavor serves two purposes for me: 1) build some nifty apps in nodeJS that will facilitate my sysadmin duties at work, and 2) be able to jump right into scripting in Unity.

No comments:

Post a Comment